torsdag 27 september 2007

From 3D to IRL

The IRL sculpture is coming together fine, I just finished transferring the 3d sketch to slices. Today I’m a man of few words, so I just let the pictures do most of the talking.

I started with my 3d model.

Sliced it up. The squares are A3 format paper with 10cm distance in between.

Printed the slices!

Cut them out (I'm very concentrated here)

Stacked the up as I went along...

Got scared that I'm making the whole thing to small.

Finished cutting, this is all the slices. Maybe this is the world’s shortest dolphin.

Pinned it all to the polystyrene.


So many parts.

Me posing with power tool! I'm bad!

Cutting out the slices 10 centimeters thick.

Put them in stacks trying to be organized.
Started to glue them together but that's another story. Over and out!

3 kommentarer:

Unknown sa...

Äntligen lite mer info om vad som händer, jag har väntat! ser sjukt bra ut!

Kaj sa...

Shit, so cool. Can't wait to see the actual model tested!

Alex sa...

Det här kommer bli så bra!