onsdag 22 augusti 2007

In an Absolut world I would be a dolphin.


When I was younger I used to be a diver. Once a week I went to the bathhouse and snorkeled for an hour. I always loved water and even more so being deep down in it. I used to watch the movie “The Big blue” a lot because it’s about diving and also is a good movie. It’s about a couple of divers pushing the world depth record of diving without tubes. Somewhere near the end of the movie (might even be he final scene, got to watch it again…) the main character dives so deep that he don’t have air enough to get back up and decides to stay. It’s a very emotional scene of when he calmly stays at the bottom surrounded by darkness. Slowly a dolphin emerges into what little light there is and the diver follows the dolphin into the darkness leaving all possibility of reaching the surface alive. It’s a poetic scene and I translated into that the diver becomes a dolphin himself and reaches some sort of calm state and comes to ease with himself and the world.

My friend thought that the dolphin saved the diver. I don’t think that makes any sense.

When I was asked to come up with an idea for something on the topic of “In an Absolut world” the scene came back to me. Mostly because I was a bit off in the meeting and was daydreaming about things that happened ages ago. In an Absolute world I would be a dolphin, I want to become one I said. I want to construct a lifelike dolphin diving suite and swim with other dolphins in this suite.

Somehow I got a “go” on the project. GR8!

Inga kommentarer: